GPS Unit

Big Daddy

I should have posted this before I purchased a new GPS unit, but for discussions sake, I got a Magellan Masetro 4250. It is upgradeable, have live traffic, bluetooth, and you can program trips in it. What is everyone else using it any?

I have a relatively old but highly flexible GPS setup. I have a Pharos bluetooth GPS receiver about 2" square x 1" thick. I use it with my Palm Treo 650 cell phone/pda and Mapopolis software. This is really portable since I have my cell phone with me all the time anyhow. The Pharos has batteries in it, so I can also use it as a totally handheld system. The Mapopolis software is pretty basic, but it works pretty well, it even has voice prompts on the Treo.

This has been a great help on a couple of trips to Italy and Spain. Navigating the streets in Genoa, Florence and Madrid is a challenge even for the locals!

I also have Microsoft MapPoint on my notebook with Bluetooth, so if Mapopolis does not work, I use my notebook.

abhi_k

I'm using a Garmin StreetPilot c340 (now discontinued I think) I got it real cheap, and it has Text to speech, as well as the ability to add a traffic receiver, which I'm seriously considering coz of LA's traffic. But I'm not sure if it really helps..
I'd have loved to get the BMW Navigation system, but :-
1. It comes with iDrive
2. It comes with iDrive
3. It comes with iDrive
4. Its $2100 [:(]