inspection 2 and warranty

When does inspection 2 typically occur for a 2003 M3? I have 60,000 miles in my head but i cant find anywhere to verify that.

The initial offer i am getting from my local dealership is to extend the maintence warranty to 6 yrs/100K for $1900. I have heard that just the inspection 2 with the sparkplugs and engine adjustment can cost over 1500. anyone know the cost of inspection 2, when it occurs, and what the reasonable cost for the extended warranty is? (its somewhat negotiable)

Your onboard computer should indicate when your next service is due. But 50K to 60K is in the ballpark. $1900 is too high. I've seen it in your area for msrp. Check some of the other BMW boards and do "search". I believe the post included all the contact info.

yea, today i looked carefully and my inspection 2 is going to be in about 11000 miles, so at 54000 miles. The maintenence guy states the approx cost of insp 2 is 1100-1200, so unless they give me the warranty for 1500 or less, i am not sure its worth it as not much else scheduled happens in the 2 yrs i would be extended. thanks for your reply

Tom

Staff Team
Inspection 2 is not part of the original maintenance program. So unless you have the extended warranty, its something you would have to pay.

Re; Extended Warranty

I'm not 100% sure on this, but won't you have another 2 brake flushes (every 2 years), and a coolant flush (every 4 years), on top of the Inspection 2 stuff (plugs & valve adjustments) if you get the extended warranty? [driving]

MMLJTIGER said:
I'm not 100% sure on this, but won't you have another 2 brake flushes (every 2 years), and a coolant flush (every 4 years), on top of the Inspection 2 stuff (plugs & valve adjustments) if you get the extended warranty? [driving]
That's correct, it's covered. That's why it's it's a "bargain" (at msrp) if you need anything else. It makes sense if your M is a daily driver.