stock rims

whats up guys...im new to bmws also...i just bought my first one yesterday...its an 00 328ci...black with black interior...anyway...anyone know where i can get stock rims? it has stock rims on it now but there are a few scuffs on em...just wondering where i could get some, and maybe start lookin at prices...thanks

welcome aboard, since you are in DC area, you might want to look into snows.. unless you have a car that you can drive in the winter. (i'm assuming you have summer tires on your 328ci, but i could be wrong.. if you don't you should consider having a separate winter/summer sets, since all season tires aren't that good.)

f the rims aren't too bad a shape, you can just have the dealer, or a local tire guy fill in the curb rash. however, if your rims are dented in anyway, buying a new set of rims may not be a bad idea.

couple ideas:

dealership, expensive, about $500 per wheel. swing by the local dealership's accessory shop and ask for a wheel catalog.

replica wheel places: few online, pretty good. i got my style m68 rims for winter tires (e46 sports pack) for about $160 apiece. only issue: it comes only in one size, 17 x 7.5 (OEMs are staggered, if you care about that)

local tireplaces that does wheel repairs: they can sometimes get refurbed OEM rims for close to 75% off. depending on make, model and availability of course. i used to do this for my eagle talon rims. i used to pick up reconditioned rims for about $125 apiece, rather than $500ish per from the dealership. but the way those rims bend, i should've just gotten some aftermarkets.. ah well.

aight cool...ya i dont live in the DC area..im in southern VA...right on the NC border...we dont really get snow here...the rims arent that bad, i didnt think about gettin them fixed, i didnt really know you could do that...thanks for the advice

i also have some sratches from previous owners hiting the curb and i thought i'd have to buy new rims to get rid of them.

good to know i have have them fixed. thanks!

I had my flawless OEM 19's scuffed pretty bad when I had new tires mounted. The tire shop paid to have the rims fixed and no matter how close you look, they look perfect. If the integrity of the wheel has not been comprimised, you guys should really look into getting them fixed. [thumb]

I haven't gotten it done myself, so i'm not sure, but i think it can be done on the spot..
call your dealer up and ask, call some other dealerships up and ask, and also consult your yellow pages.

if you spot Emile, or mr. E on here, as him about it, he looked into getting his rims fixed couplea years back in the NY area. he'd have more info.

julian2786

Try this site http://www.lakeshoretireandwheel.com
This is where I am going to by my rims. They have quite a selection. Most of them are at a reasonable price, plus they have oem or remakes! Also you can have them deliver the rims to just about any local shop, something like discount tire co. or something like that. You may have to tell them over the phone that you want them to do that but it is all pretty self explanatory on the site! [driving]