I Got My G35 Coupe !!

Hey guys,

This evening, my salesman delivered my G35 Coupe to me and picked up my Jetta. The G35 Coupe is absolutely amazing! It looks stunning on the outside, the interior is nice and luxurious, and the drive is sooo great! The power of the engine is superb...I am truly impressed with acceleration. I can own traffic without breaking a sweat (and I'm still in the break-in period, so I'm not going to push it hard yet). The handling is insane...the car stays very flat on the turns. Some turns that would rape my Jetta, this G35C handles with ease, and the bolstered seats keep me planted well. The Brembo brakes have not settled in yet, but so far they are great. They feel very tight, and the steering is veyr tight and linear, just like a BMW (though not as sharp as a BMW). I am THOROUGHLY impressed with this car. Here are some pictures:
A couple of Edit Notes:
-I will make the pictures smaller so they fit everyone's web page, so please bare with my until I re-size the pictures.
-The DVD Navigation system is at the very top of the center console...you just push a button and it pops up (I forgot to take a picture of the navigation system popped up).
-I used flash, sorry about this, so it illuminated all the lights and caused crazy glare...only two of the pictures have no flash (so you can see how the Xenon headlights look)

Also, I took a 20-second video (stupid feature of my shitty Digital Camera) of like a 180-degree walk-around. If you are interested, then click on the link to download it:
http://www.amirsaleh.com/G35/Video.AVI

Please feel free to ask any questions or comments, I am so excited about this car !!
Oh yeah, and I apologize...after my drive, there was lots of break dust on the rims, but I guess it's worth it for Brembo brakes. [:D]

Last edited:

PuShAkOv

2000 Post Club
Very nice!!

I first thought of buying a G35 before I decided to get a BMW. I remember sitting in Infiniti service and drooling over those shinny cars... it was really something.

How does the engine note compare to BMW's?

And oh yeah... you planning on leaving us since you are officially an MrInfiniti?

Pushakov, I am not leaving this forum. The Infiniti forums suck...all the drivers there are cockheads. As for the exhaust, it is certainly entertaining, but it is no BMW. When I turn on the car, the exhaust lets out a very encouraging roar that screams performance car. When I am in gear and driving, and I accelerate, the exhaust lets out a healthy rice-burner-but-controlled exhaust note...with the windows down, it is very audible. But I think overall, BMW has a much sweeter exhaust note. The G35 Coupe engine is just a 3.5 liter V6 with a fun exhaust setup.

awesome

Very nice vehicle Elussive. My wife wants one...

You mind if I ask how much you paid and what upgrades you got? Can you negotiate a price on those vehicles?

Thanks!

man, that is a hott car. im glad to hear you finally got it [:D] . everything about that car is so damn nice, have fun with it!

btw, your garage is beastly.....i wish i had that much room to take pictures of my car, but all you would see is another car, an old fridge, and pool supplies [;)]

Thanks, guys !!
Dekion, my car was fully loaded with the Premium Package, Sunroof, Bose Audio System, and DVD Navigation System (pop-up screen, I forgot to take a picture of the screen). The only thing I did not get was the Aero Package, as I feel it ruins the lines of the car. My car's total came to $37,000. I leased it with $0 down, for 39 months, 12,000 miles per year, taxes included. The lease is price is $630 per month, so clearly it is very expensive to lease this car. I had to wait a month for my black on black G35 6MT and I had to pay sticker (I even went through an auto consultant company that guarantees the lowest price!) so I guess you should expect the same. If you plan on leasing the car, though, you can get a fully-loaded $44,000 BMW 330Ci for the same lease price, so that is something to consider.

Congratulations.

Those brembos look great.

Only thing I don't like about the G35 is the center console.

Glad you didn't get a spoiler, I think they look kind of odd on the rear.

Good luck keeping it clean. Black is very different from silver in that respect.

Thanks, guys. And yeah, the black is very hard to keep clean, and the brake dust is raping the wheels...but I got a carwash today! [thumb]
I seriously cannot get over how fast this car is. Most of my driving is not even over 3,500rpm and I can just blow away traffic....too much fun to drive !! I just gotta remember to keep it safe, because I don't wanna get into an accident.
Oh yeah, and I went to my regular gas station to fill up the tank this morning, and everyone else there filling up their tanks were checking out my car like crazy. [^]

MrElussive said:
Thanks, guys. And yeah, the black is very hard to keep clean, and the brake dust is raping the wheels...but I got a carwash today! [thumb]
I seriously cannot get over how fast this car is. Most of my driving is not even over 3,500rpm and I can just blow away traffic....too much fun to drive !! I just gotta remember to keep it safe, because I don't wanna get into an accident.
Oh yeah, and I went to my regular gas station to fill up the tank this morning, and everyone else there filling up their tanks were checking out my car like crazy. [^]
I highly recommend driving school (as you are no doubt aware). You are used to driving a FWD Jetta. The RWD G35 has much different handling characteristics. The car will do the opposite of what your Jetta did in terms of throttle/lift oversteer/understeer.

You need to be very careful about the throttle input and braking in turns. If you are turning and stab the throttle, get off it too quickly, or brake, you could spin the car.

Another thing you should do is take it to an empty parking lot during/after rain and find out how the traction control or stability system (I am assuming a G35 has something like that) works when you lose control. The things it does may conflict with what your instincts are. The solution is to turn the system off or learn how to react when it kicks in. (Or, perhaps more accurately, how NOT to react).

Thanks, but I know how to drive. [:p]
I hate anything associated with the word "school", and as for the RWD, I know how it behaves under different conditions (parents' S500 is RWD, I drive that from time to time). Anyways, the only way to learn how to "communicate" with my car better, is to just drive it! [driving]
I do appreciate the traction control suggestion...the next time it is raining over here in NJ, I will try out the traction control. But then again, the next time it is raining in NJ, my car will probably be nice and comfy inside the garage. [8)]

Last edited:
thanks

Thanks for the info Elussive. Now I know that I need to save my corn up some more. We will definitely go coupe. They just look so much more sportier.

I am thinking aero package though.

$37000??? That's not bad at all. Ouch on the lease cost though.

I'm sure you haven't been in the back seat yet but is there plenty of room back there?

That car just looks so awesome!

Congrats again

MrElussive said:
Thanks, but I know how to drive. [:p]
[8)]
No offense, but I don't think you do. Most of the people on this forum don't know how to drive either (including myself), so don't worry. That's why I go to high performance driving schools, because the public perception of how to drive is far different from the reality. Maybe you are an accomplished race car driver, but I don't recall you saying so in the past.

Trust me, go to one of those schools and you will find out just how much you don't know. It will only improve your driving ability, and its a hell of a lot of fun.